Instead of traveling by train, plane, or automobile, chart a different course, and embark on a nautical excursion. There’s a first time for everything, and planning your maiden cruise voyage has never been easier. Using our expert tips, your dream vacation will be nothing but smooth sailing and clear skies.
Time is money, and planning a trip can be time consuming. After doing research, comparing prices, choosing airfare, finding things to do, deciding on a hotel or resort location, renewing your passport, or purchasing a visa, you may need a vacation from your vacation planning.
That’s where a travel agent should come in. You may have many choices for planning your next cruise vacation, but the superior service that an agent can provide is undeniable. Save yourself the hassle! Here are 6 surefire reasons why you should be using a travel agent.
- They make trip planning easier because they know what questions to ask. They have personally toured or vacationed on many of the cruise lines and resorts you’ve sought out. They know how to help you narrow down your choices and prevent any headaches.
- They have access to exclusive offers because of the preferred relationship they maintain with popular tour companies and cruise lines. They are up to date and in the know of the most current promotions or discounts being offered. They are not only in the business of saving you time, but money, too.
- They have the to-do list covered and can assist with much of your vacation preparation. From answering questions about Visa requirements or accommodations to questions as simple as what to pack, agents are prepared to address it all.
- They are experienced travelers, as well, and can give you pointers on what to expect. They’ve been there, done that and can help you narrow down the list of amenities and situations you’d like to experience. Agents are familiar with local air, bus and ferry systems and can provide information on transfers to your favorite landmark.
- They are here to help before, during and even after your trip. They can help you handle the small hiccups or unforeseen emergencies that can arise. It is reassuring to know you have someone you can count on, seven days a week.
- They can help you coordinate large parties, too! Coordinating a large group of travelers can be a timely process. Each person may have his or her own requests, requirements and departures. Let the trusted and experienced travel agent handle it all.
Consider a travel agent as your best travel adviser. Whether you’re booking a cruise, tour or other vacation package, our Personal Vacation Managers can handle every aspect of your cruise vacation, helping to assure you a fun and hassle-free travel experience. Reach out to one of our agents and start planning your vacation!
At Online Vacation Center, our team of experts has planned vacations for hundreds of thousands of clients since 1972. (We’re celebrating 45 years this month, too!) Plus, cruisers and travelers alike love the one-stop-shopping convenience of our Value Inclusive Packages (VIP) that pair the best cruise values with airfare and hotel: check out our exclusive cruise packages here. We can’t wait to help you plan your next trip!
By: Carol R, Employee Since 1976
“Serving you since ’72” was our motto for several years, and it’s hard to believe that it is now 45 years later. Our company began as a traditional travel agency called McMichael’s Travel in Fort Lauderdale, where clients would stop by or call for assistance with their travel needs. This was before the computer age, fax machines, and cell phones. Airline reservations were made by phone, tickets were hand-written, and itineraries typed up on a manual typewriter.
Cappuccino? Latte? It’s not just about what coffee you drink, it’s about WHERE you drink it! Check out our guide to the top 10 cities to drink coffee (and the drinks we recommend you try). Read more
“Many a trip continues long after movement in time and space have ceased.” – John Steinbeck
It doesn’t take much to convince someone that leisurely traveling is good for their health. Just look at the dazzling glow of a person that has returned from a vacation or the way their face beams when recalling an adventurous moment, or the gentle look of contentment after recalling a leisurely day spent relaxing by the pool. The positive effects of traveling may last for several days, but the health benefits linger on. Let us walk you through seven extraordinary health benefits of traveling. Read more
Both rookies and seasoned travelers can make mistakes, whether it’s during booking, while embarking, or at sea. Your cruise should be for relaxation and exploration, so steer clear of these pitfalls to guarantee a smooth sailing.